Research Poster Presentation
Lambda Kappa Sigma would like to recognize the research work that collegiate and alumni members have conducted over the past year as they develop their pharmacy careers.
So we are providing an opportunity for research posters to be presented during the 2019 Convention in Milwaukee, WI.
Interested presenters must complete the Research Poster Presentation Form no later than May 20. Submitting chapters will be notified of their poster’s acceptance by June 1 and will be provided with further information
- Must have completed the research between July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019.
- Must be paid registrants of the 2019 LKS Annual Convention.
- Will present their posters on Thursday, August 1st, along with the Core Values Poster Presentations.
- Are responsible for shipping, displaying and removing their own posters. (Any posters not removed at the end of the presentation session will be discarded.)
If you have designed a scientific research poster, we would love to hear from you!
Here are some important poster design guidelines to keep in mind:
- No smaller than 3×5 feet and no larger than 4×6 feet
- Must be designed to be held by push pins.
- Title must accurately portray the research and be clearly visible.
- Presenters must be prepared to give a 3 to 5 minute overview of the poster to the judges.
- Presenters should allow LKS members to view the poster and ask questions.
- Consider having poster handouts for people who stop to look at your poster (optional).
Design Helpful Hints
- Poster Templates
- PowerPoint includes poster templates.
- Makesigns.com can be used to print your poster by using the scientific poster link. (Allow at least 7 days for printing and delivery.)
- The flow of content should be easy to read.
- Information should be organized in 3 to 5 columns from left to right.
- Headings of each section should aid readers in moving through poster content.
- Maintain consistency throughout poster. Section headings should be the same font and point size and columns should be the same width.
- Keep text simple and direct.
- Bullets help organize text.
- Ensure text boxes, photos, charts, etc. are aligned.
- Space is important, so allow for some white space.
- Maintain consistency in each section.
- Recommendations: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Times New Roman, Garamond, Century
- Text Size
- All CAPITALS are difficult to read.
- General recommendations: Title – 96 point; Chapter Name – 72 point; Section Headings – 36 point; Body Text – 24 point
- Attract attention but too many colors may distract.
- Choose 2 to 3 colors that complement each other. More than 3 may be considered unprofessional.
- Avoid florescent, rainbows, tie-dye, dots, stripes, etc.
- Contrast is good. Avoid dark on dark or light on light. Light text on dark background or dark text on light background is recommended.
- Pictures, Figures, Tables
- Use graphics to help illustrate your chapter’s event.
- If photos are included, add thin black borders to make them more appealing.
For more information, please contact Erin Rogala, Director of Member services as email@example.com.Research Poster Presentation